As a mum-to-be, you are embarking on an amazing and sometimes daunting journey. Private midwifery care supports women through their pregnancy, birth and early days with their new baby. It's about care with a midwife you know and trust. Sadly, most Australian women will not see the same midwife twice. I believe that having the same dependable, knowledgeable and caring midwife by your side is what makes all the difference.
There is now a wealth of evidence - including fresh new research - that shows that women and babies can expect safer, healthier outcomes in the short- and longer-term when they choose a midwife for their care.
- More likely to have a normal birth
- Less likely to be admitted to hospital during pregnancy
- More likely to have a positive and satisfying birth experience
- Less likely to have an assisted birth (ventouse / forceps)
- Less likely to have a caesarean
- Less likely to give birth to a low birth weight or pre-term baby
- More likely to successfully breastfeed
- Less likely to request an epidural for labour pain relief
Visit my website to learn more about private midwifery care.