first baby package
A comprehensive package of tools, tips, information, resources, self-assessments and tried-and-tested guides for first-time Mums. Packed with information, this package complements your antenatal classes, or your care with your doctor / midwife.
- Antenatal (pregnancy) care: what’s it all about?
- Choosing a model of care and a birth place
- Birth statistics (that might surprise you!)
- Recommended reading list
- Nutrition, including tools and assessments you can use on your own
- Maternity care providers: their roles and why they may become involved
- Continuity of care: the new buzz word, but what exactly does it mean and is it helpful?
- Managing discomforts in pregnancy, including numerous tips and tricks for keeping morning sickness under control
- Early days with a new baby: what to expect
- Breastfeeding, including assessments you can do by yourself and feeding charts to make it oh-so-easy
- Expressing milk for your baby
- Exercises after baby arrives
- How to know if you or your baby may be unwell – and what to do
Labour and birth
- Best ways of managing the sensations of labour
- A guide to support in labour
- Medical pain relief options
- Monitoring your baby in labour: what are your options?
- Labour and birth
- How to manage your labour naturally: learn what is really needed to labour and birth well, under your own steam
- Birth planning: know what options you have
- Birth preparation: mental and emotional preparation for birthing
- Communicating with your care providers: an approach that helps you negotiate the care you want
- Tips and pointers for your partner so that they can support you best
- How to minimise the chance of tearing: I’ll teach you an extremely effective three-pronged approach to minimising tearing. It works!